Cannabis businesses contend with a variety of complex legal issues as they seek to register, protect, and license their trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and other intellectual property. Since federal IP laws have failed to keep pace with state-level cannabis laws, industry participants must be mindful of the legal restrictions that affect how they protect and leverage their cannabis brands and their other intellectual property rights.
At the Canna Law Group, we are well-versed in the unique challenges our clients face when it comes to securing their IP and we take swift action to identify and implement the specific protections they need. Our attorneys help business owners maintain control over the IP assets they work hard to build, all the while taking into account the distinctive characteristics of the cannabis industry.
Our intellectual property services include:
- Branding establishment and support
- IP licensing
- IP contract drafting and negotiation
- State and federal trademark searches
- Counseling on trademark law, trade secret, and other intellectual property matters
- Trade secret Agreements
- In-state screening and registration of trademarks
- Policing and enforcing of registered trademarks
- Domain name disputes
- IP litigation
- Trademark and other intellectual property counseling related to secondary merchandise such as clothing and glassware